Saturday, April 28, 2012

FUCK YOU Cookie (2011) by Kim Asendorf RESPONSE

This one made me laugh a lot.

I don't fully understand the meaning of cookies in a computer. I just know that they are forms of stored data that just linger on in a computer. That is all I know about them.

I was again drawn to this particular work because of the title. I had no idea what I would find in something called FUCK YOU cookie. What really made me laugh was the absurdity of the text:


FUCK YOU COOKIES FOR FREE
You have just get the official "FUCK YOU" cookie! It is the most beautiful cookie ever, and now it is yours! Send this URL simply to all your friends, so that they can get a free "FUCK YOU" cookie, too!
And it was represented in many languages as well. I actually sent this URL to some of my friends, they might think this is just spam of some sort.

I guess i liked this project because it was short and concise. it had an idea, and while its execution was not extremely complicated or the ideas represented are not extremely deep or meaningful, I would like to see just a big FUCK YOU sign posted somewhere in the city.



No comments:

Post a Comment