Sunday, April 1, 2012

Proclaiming My Love (2010) by Justin Kemp RESPONSE

http://rhizome.org/artbase/artwork/53852/

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT I HATE ONE OF THESE WORKS.

I hate because it's not at the same level of most of the other works that I have seen at rhizome. I don't understand what the artist is trying to say. I love the internet? I think there are many other ways of being creative and say the same thing.

This is why I feel like most people don't take new media art seriously. If this was my fist exposure to it, I would feel cheated, confused and annoyed. I think that audicences don't like to feel stupid or left outside of the joke.

I don't know, maybe I am not in the mood right now to understand this piece or work. Ususally, when I would find a confusing one or not so interesting one, I would look for something more interesting. But I hated this one so much that I actually wanted to write how much I hated it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alejandro,

    It's difficult to see with this piece because it's just a photo from a performance. We'd have to see the performance to see what it was all about I'd guess. On first glance it struck me as pretty funny and I'm guessing that there's little else to it other than commenting on how people's love of technology can usurp their love for real people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi !

    I don't know who you are, but thanks for responding to my post.

    Actually, if you follow the link that I linked in my post and then click on that picture, you can see the entire performance. I was talking about the entire work not just the picture

    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete