Saturday, April 28, 2012

YOU ARE MY SUBJECTS (2005) by stanza RESPONSE



This project freaked me out a little bit...

The premise is that there is someone always watching us, and while I have learned to accept that that is a reality it's still scary to think of how REAL it actually is. I think these are a series of pothgraphs taken with a security camera in New York City, without trying to target anyone in particular.

This project seems almost to be taken place in an Orwellian world, like the beginning of such world.
I know a lot of people that would be honestly scared of seeing how easy it is to access this information. I don't know what is the intent of the artist. Is he trying to critique the big brother or is he trying to make fun of all the people that are trapped inside this world?

No comments:

Post a Comment