Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Project 6: Mash up "Siamese Dream"


For this project I used the entire "Siamese Dream" album from the Smashing Pumpkins and put all the songs into one song.




This project was easy and simple and although I like the end product, I obviously prefer the original album any time of the day. 

i could not understand how to use Audacity, so I ended up doing the mash up on Premiere Pro, which is a program that I am more familiar with. 

The hardest part of the project was finding a good steady beat and lyrics. Since most of this album is so saturated, it was hard to find clean moments in which the sections that I wanted to use were easy to understand. At some point I placed to song by mistake, and I liked how they sounded. 

I guess this project was more about intuition than skill with the mash up. One thing that I would like to re-do for this project is to show what songs are playing at what point. I didn't because since I know the album so well, I can easily identify what songs are playing.

Unfortunately.... not many people know "Siamese Dream" as well as I do

No comments:

Post a Comment