Saturday, April 14, 2012

Collection Enlargement (2011) by Jonas Lund & Anika Schwarzlose RESPONSE

This project by Lund and Schwarzlose was really funny. I remember when the internet was starting to be available to everyone and the kind of messages that appeared then are similar to the ones that are being used in this art work.

It seems like the way this work was shown, was trough junk or spam E-mail. I think that while that is really funny, I don't think anyone who got these messages thought that it could be a work of art, or that it had a different purpose than just scamming people.

I think it's funny that they targeted collection collectors, just collectors, there is no specific types of collections that are being collected. I guess it says something about the culture of hoarding.

I really liked this project, it's short but it's effective and clear in its purpose.

/http://rhizome.org/artbase/artwork/53693/

No comments:

Post a Comment