Saturday, March 24, 2012

Desktop Views (2012) by Adam Cruces RESPONSE



Whenever I sit with a friend to work on a project or something that requires both of to use our computers, I marvel at how different our uses and preferences with out computers are. This week's entry shows that almost everyone will have a different preference regarding their desktop and other aspects of their computers. I like to keep my desktop as clean as possible, with the minimum number possible of icons and as soon as I am done with some document, video or file, I put it into organized folders.

I think it's interesting that even something as simple as the desktop can be "art-fied". All these desktops are from new media artists, who probably spend a lot of time working with their computers and probably looking at the desktop. Customization for them must not only be for comfort, but also an expression of their artistry, it's like looking at the studios of traditional painters.

These are some of the desktops that surprised me the most, not only because of the background, but because they are able to merge both the interface, (Icons and other elements) with the background.
I would hate working on a desktop that has that many pictures on it. I just could not work like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment