Monday, February 20, 2012

Project 2 "Cut and Paste"

I think totally failed this project. Not only because I am not technically proficient with Photoshop, but because creatively I could not come up with an interesting enough concept.

Obviously my inspiration were the actual movie poster for Star Wars. I wanted to create one that could tell the story of the next episode in the star wars series... Because I ahve always wondered what kind of world and story it would be after "The Return of the Jedi"

I really don't like the end result of this project. I hope I can do better on the next one.

I was really upset about it, and then my friend reminded me that it is okay to produce crap when we are new in a medium. I am upset about my silly idea, but hey, the first 3 pieces that I ever choreographed also sucked, so yeah.

I think the reason why it's not working it's because the pictures don't relate to each other. they just seem to be there and they don't tell any kind of story, which is what movie posters are all about.  I didn't realize how important it was to have an interesting background. although the all black background made things easier, it also limited the the interaction that the pictures could have with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment