Friday, February 17, 2012

“Almost Home” by Arturo Herrera 2001 RESPONSE





For this week’s entry, I finally found something like I have been looking for.  Except that I still feel confused by it. This piece is called “Almost Home” by Arturo Herrera. I like it even though I don’t understand it perfectly. The point of the piece, is have the audience, match two different panels with images that hints towards childhood icons. All of the images are altered and at times they seem to be vandalized. One of the funniest, that I found, is just the foot of Donald the Duck, just the foot and still perfectly recognizable.

The images are randomly generated and the user is forced to change one at the time. This make me feel out of control even though I was free to choose which one to change. What I liked abut it though, is that I was forced to look at every combination of images with it’s own composition value.  I think that if the artist had had only one picture at a time, it would have not been nowhere near as effective as it is on “Almost Home”

I had never seen art presented in that way on the web. It’s a really cool idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment